Enable IMAP in Gmail
1. Log into you Gmail account at gmail.com
2. In the top-right corner of gmail, click on the gear icon and choose Settings
3. Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP
4. Make sure only IMAP is enabled by seleccting Enable IMAP radio button. Also make sureto choose Auto-Expunge On and Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP Folder
You have now successfully pre-configured your G Suite account for use with Apple Mail.
Follow the steps below for setting up Apple Mail
Set Up G Suite with Apple Mail
1. Click the apple icon in the top-left corner and select System Preferences and then Internet Accounts
(on older versions of the OS, select Mail, Contacts, & Calendars)
2. Choose Google (You may have to click the + sign to add an account)
3. In the sign in window, enter your G Suite username and click Next, then enter your password
4. Select which apps to use with the account (or unselect any you don’t want to use) and click Done
(Messages and Notes do not work with G Suite account, so uncheck these)
5. The account is added to the list of accounts. Open an app you chose to use (e.g., Apple Mail or iCal) and content will begin populating.
6. Remove or deactivate old account (if applicable) by clicking on itnd unchecking Mail or clicking the – sign